We like to keep things private
This is the data protection privacy notice for DriveTech (UK) Limited, trading as DriveTech and DriveTech International, (CRN 03636328)
Last updated: January 2019
DriveTech (UK) Limited Privacy Notice
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and case/examples where we collect your personal data.
When it comes to your privacy we never compromise. DriveTech is the Data processor of your personal information passed to us by UKROEd to allow you to complete an online course. DriveTech has been assessed by The British Standards Institution (BSI), DriveTech are certified to the following ISO Standards: Quality Management Systems - ISO 9001:2015 and for Information Security Management System - ISO/IEC 27001:2013 DriveTech is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) under registration number Z6619012.
We will always be clear about why we need the details we ask for, and ensure your personal information is kept as secure as possible. How we do this is explained below.
DriveTech is part of the AA Group, we will refer to this in our privacy notice as 'the Group'.
DriveTech is committed to protecting your privacy. We comply with data protection regulation and aim to maintain consistently high levels of best practice in our processing of personal and/ or sensitive personal data.
DriveTech will use your personal information as set out below. If you have provided personal information to more than one of DriveTech's business divisions, the information you have provided to each division will be used as set out below.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of DriveTech.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this document/page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website - https://www.drivetech.co.uk/.
DriveTech and our Data Protection Officer
We have a dedicated data protection officer ("DPO"). You can contact the DPO by writing to us at DriveTech (UK) Limited, Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4EA, marking it for the attention of the DPO or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively by going to the Contact Us page https://www.drivetech.co.uk/.
What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we'll process in connection with our online course products through UKROEd
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history;
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone and, if you get in touch with us online using our online services;
- Information about Special requirements which we may need to be catered for when attending and/or completing a course
What is the source of your personal information?
We'll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly or UKROEd
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services;
- Business partners in this case UKROEd, after you have given consent to share with us
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed above, for the following purposes:
- To provide educational services which may be offered to you by the police;
- Managing any aspect of the product or service;
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes;
- To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners;
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies;
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting;
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below);
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance;
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and for the benefit of business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our businesses;
- To share information, as needed, with business partners, service providers or as part of providing and administering our products and services or operating our business; and
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- To provide educational services which may be offered to you by the police; a contractual obligation with you after you have consented for UKROEd to share your data with DriveTech
- All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts; and
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- Managing your products and services relating to that, updating your records, contacting you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate);
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes;
- To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies;
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting;
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below);
- To administer our good governance requirements, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration required for AGM processes;
- We will send information about your course to you by email, phone and /or post
- Subject to the appropriate controls, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses;
- Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
To comply with our legal obligations
With your consent or explicit consent:
- For some of our processing of special categories of personal data such as about your health, if you are a vulnerable customer.
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
For Legal and Regulatory reasons, we may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Business partners (e.g. UKROEd), others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business;
- If necessary, the Police and their nominated support organisations such as UK Road Offender Education Ltd and the Road Safety Trust.
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we're relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us in writing at: DriveTech (UK) Limited, Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4EA or via the Contact Us page of this Website.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
Our data is stored in the UK
What should you do if your personal information changes?
Please update any changes by visiting the UKROEd registration portal via https://offer.ndors.org.uk
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We are unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to UKROEd / DriveTech. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we will make this clear.
Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we'll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we'll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- Retention periods in line with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements or guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don't apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we'll explain at that time if they are engaged or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased (the "right to be forgotten");
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information ("data portability"); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office which enforces data protection laws - https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us in writing at DriveTech (UK) Limited, Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4EA or by using the Contact Us page on our Website.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us in writing at DriveTech (UK) Limited, Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4EA to exercise these rights.
What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We will not use your data for marketing purposes
From offers and promotions to sound and video, the aim of the DriveTech website is to be interesting, helpful and informative. We're keen to find out what you like and dislike - your feedback plays a key role in helping us improve the site. We use many techniques to follow your use of the site and provide you with a customised experience. The main and best-known technique is by using what are known as 'cookies'.
Cookies are small data files that a website will put on your device, which in turn sends information back to the website. They cannot affect your device, but they do collect information that can be used to enhance the site.
Rest assured that the cookies we use do not store personal details, such as payment card numbers.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us using the Contact Us page of our website. Alternatively, you can write to DriveTech (UK) Limited, Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4EA, marking it for the attention of the DPO.